Archery Basic Tips | How To Look Like A Pro (On Your First Day)

Archery Basic Tips | How To Look Like A Pro (On Your First Day)

• its just me Reply

everyone at the range besides me and like two other people don't do that thing when you barely pull back

November 26, 2016 at 8:51 pm
  • Yella Dart Reply

Question: I'm just starting out having completed my basic training and joined a club. I've just bought my first bow, so I want to take care of it. Why does dry firing damage the bow?

November 26, 2016 at 8:59 pm
  • KPopsicleSNSD Reply

Instinctual? No aim?

November 26, 2016 at 9:11 pm
  • Dave Stokes Reply

November 26, 2016 at 9:42 pm
  • Nobin Uzumaki Reply

Thanks a lot this video helped me a lot

November 26, 2016 at 10:31 pm
  • Chris Laycock Reply

Liked the video for that intro, great video on basics man. I work the archery range at my local Renaissance fair and I see that agonizing 4 seconds happen and sometimes its even to the point of them wanting a refund. I greatly appreciate the lesson and tips!

November 26, 2016 at 11:20 pm
  • justo222 Reply

great vids! i'm enjoying the playlist you set up of all your vids. thanks! i do have one question. i keep hearing about how dry firing will ruin the bow, but no one ever mentions HOW this will ruin the bow. i mean, how can an arrow, which practically weighs nothing, make all the difference to a bow's health as opposed to firing without an arrow? i guess what i am asking is, what actually goes on with a bow that is dry fired that does not happen with one that is fired with an arrow?

November 26, 2016 at 11:27 pm
  • fathima.r anwar Reply

helpful thanx

November 26, 2016 at 11:59 pm
  • zpexx Reply

The cringe face

November 27, 2016 at 12:21 am
  • Suban Grg Reply

so thats how you aim… I was like always trying to find the spot on the bow and level with the target… but i didnt miss as there was an instructor…my third finger still got num the first time but its fine now

November 27, 2016 at 12:49 am
  • V1DeMoN Reply

Nusensei where is the best place on the fingers to hold the string without it falling off the arrow rest

November 27, 2016 at 1:25 am
  • Cesar Vallejo Reply

stop talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 27, 2016 at 2:02 am
  • Deadeyenumber2 Reply

Thank you for this video. Very good tips. I remember being in a camp (few years ago) and did archery for a whole month every day. I absolutely love it! Was pretty good too, I almost always hit a bulls-eye everytime. (forget the distance, pretty far back though) One thing i never heard them mention was dry firing. So glad i looked this up as well as the twist of the elbow. I am 19 and will be getting a recurve for my birthday next week. I've been watching quite a bit of your videos and they are very helpful and I still remember my technique. I'm 5'8'' and 130lbs and am very athletic. I was wondering what draw weight do you recommened for me to use? If you do not reply it is fine. When my father takes me to the shop I will ask them for some advice on this. Anyway, thank you again for these very informational videos

November 27, 2016 at 2:28 am
  • Noe Munoz Reply

I don't anchor. Or use a proper stance. But I'll still hit a bullseye

November 27, 2016 at 3:20 am
  • Shaleen Dalal Reply

Lol.. awesome video dude!

November 27, 2016 at 3:41 am
  • zat gaming channel Reply

Yo this guy makes it look easy to pull the string back

November 27, 2016 at 4:19 am
  • Eajra Reply

why are you shooting with your recurve as you'd shoot with a longbow.. the height aim is decided of where you draw the string and not by aiming. If you have a good calibrated bow you should see the tip of the arrow in the lower part of the center of your target so that you'd only see the upper half of the center cirkle (sorry for my not so good english when it comes to archery).

well.. this is what I learned when using a recurve but with a longbow you're explaining it on spot! I suppose there are different ways of shooting and the right way for you to shoot might not be that right way for me.
    Though honestly I shot my recurve just as you explain it.

Another question, why are you using a longbow tab(?) and not a recurve tab(?)?

November 27, 2016 at 5:05 am
  • Eajra Reply

Though honestly I shot my recurve just as you explain it.

Another question, why are you using a longbow tab(?) and not a recurve tab(?)?

November 27, 2016 at 5:33 am
  • Richie Oon Reply

what bow were you using?

November 27, 2016 at 6:21 am