Single Arrow Shooting – Instinctive Archery Training Techniques

Single Arrow Shooting – Instinctive Archery Training Techniques

• Gemini Stigma Reply

@MerlinArchery
    Hi! I have learned a lot from your videos on how to improve or train myself in instinctive archery, but there is one thing i am missing. I have had quite a few heated debates with my friends about this topic: Uphill & Downhill shooting. Would it be possible to make a vid giving tips on how to improve with thees shots? Other than do them more often, you'll get the hang of it.

November 25, 2016 at 9:31 am
  • TietLung Reply

I will definitely give this a try. normally I just take 3 out with me, but I have noticed the anxiety you talk about. especially as I get a bit tired and my groups open up. I'm still new to archery. and I'm learning more each day.

November 25, 2016 at 9:55 am
  • Randy Reply

I might try that! It may result in me switching targets in a single round though lol

November 25, 2016 at 10:40 am
  • Sapristi Rémoulade Reply

my best shot is always the first one … I guess it's the "real" shot, when I'm really concentrated on the target. I think you give a really good advice here. thanks Grizzly Jim =)

November 25, 2016 at 11:02 am
  • Cappy “Cappytan” Tan Reply

I really enjoy your videos! Very easy to watch great delivery on information as well. Looking forward to the "cottonmouth" to become more readily available so I can order one.

November 25, 2016 at 11:04 am
  • Seer Seerwealth Reply

Jim do you ever visit or rather REVISIT your previous site? None requests for solid advise answered. Pity, otherwise you re great archer.

November 25, 2016 at 11:25 am
  • Tetsuox9 Reply

I will apply this technique. it does make sense. I have done a good grouping like you said many times and the last arrow I mess it up. I will try this.

November 25, 2016 at 11:47 am
  • Tetsuox9 Reply

Hello sir, I am a big fan an watch all your videos. I noticed you have a very good armguard, and I would like to get one like it. Would you mind letting me know what is the name of it so I can look search for it? I have went through 3 bear armguard's already. They are $35 each, I keep getting the same one because I really like them. But they keep breaking on me. It looks similar to the one you wear.

November 25, 2016 at 12:04 pm
  • Mat J Reply

Grizzly… need to accidentally bump into a mybo adjustable v bar on your travels and review it! 🙂 would be awesome if you could 🙂 the mybo fixed v bar would be great as well but more interested in the adjustable 🙂 thanks!

November 25, 2016 at 12:29 pm
  • ExiledExia Reply

I love your mug 😁

November 25, 2016 at 1:15 pm
  • fancyfish Reply

I never thought about this before, glad I watched the video. May I ask where you are from?(by the way, subbed)

November 25, 2016 at 2:03 pm
  • James Cooper Reply

The one-arrow technique has many benefits in traditional shooting practice. It can be very helpful to those with target panic too, as it slows down their shooting cycle and gives them time to breathe and relax in between shots. I don't usually shoot more than one or two arrows.

November 25, 2016 at 2:15 pm
  • Evergreen Survival Reply

I usually just shoot 2 arrows, but after seeing this I'm gonna try the single arrow shooting and see what happens. I think I'll have better results not stressing about putting it where my first arrow went. Thanks for the video!

November 25, 2016 at 2:36 pm
  • James Judge Reply

I'm not the only one ill try this thank you .

November 25, 2016 at 2:45 pm
  • Tskimmo Reply

if your shooting at unknown distances your first shoot can often be to short or to high till you get the hang of guessing range. but in hunting or comp you can't afford a ranging shot

November 25, 2016 at 3:00 pm
  • Really Old Rookie Reply

I've been doing that for a little while. I go from group shots to single shots on a fairly regular basis. I can shoot where I work, so I can place the target in areas where I'm shooting from obstructed line of sight, then take the arrow and shoot again from a different area. Having one arrow shot, going to the target and walking away seems to let me relax and not worry about what has happened or is going to happen next, just like you related. It lets me focus on that shot. Just that one. When I do that, I can pay attention to what's going on with my form, my release and my stance. Great video, by the way.

November 25, 2016 at 3:46 pm
  • Stephen Mayne Reply

great information. Thanks

November 25, 2016 at 3:53 pm
  • Ivan Ross Reply

Can you do some shooting videos please? :)

November 25, 2016 at 4:10 pm
  • Clinton “Big C” K Reply

One bow one arrow one target one shot… Simples

November 25, 2016 at 4:21 pm