Archery Speed Shooting Technique: Instructional

Archery Speed Shooting Technique: Instructional

• James Trump Reply

The speed shooting looks very challenging, It will be a while before I take that on . The snake bow I have would be hard to hold the arrows along side the bow plus it has a shelf . I want to try this way of holding arrows when I get an Oriental style bow ,I have a long way to go developing the finger dexterity to speed load ,I will keep watching this video . I have the bottom of a compound bow quiver only mounted on the face of my bow and I snap the arrows in to it with the tips pointing up so I can load somewhat like holding the arrows next to the bow I rotate the arrows to the right or left which ever side I'm shooting so they are not in the way of shooting . This I think will get me moving in that direction for now. I also have shot compound target bow indoor and long distance 75 yards outdoor in the past and am picking that back up too . So I also want to focus on shooting long distance sarecen or eastern style for now. Feels good to me when I am way out there and I heard the arrow tick the paper as it hits a 12 inch target .

November 22, 2016 at 8:42 am
  • chaopz Reply

what do you think of the method that kassai lajo uses

November 22, 2016 at 9:13 am
  • Jack Stark Reply

thank you for this great video! awesome explanation! I'll keep on practicing. Regards from Germany

November 22, 2016 at 9:31 am
  • Greg Taylor Reply

Very interesting and inspiring watch, thanks Brian!

November 22, 2016 at 9:45 am
  • Combat Archery Reply

this will work good on horse

November 22, 2016 at 10:19 am
  • Combat Archery Reply

like to see you do this with 50# bow

November 22, 2016 at 10:52 am
  • Combat Archery Reply

what bow is this?

November 22, 2016 at 11:14 am
  • Sir Darvington Reply

Hello Brian,
    I've begun practicing the technique which involved the arrows in the bow hand a bit more now. What I have found is that, with my horsebow, I can only use that technique for up to three arrows, but I was wondering if there is a way to do that method with, let's say 12 arrows. Could I draw more from a back quiver or something? I'd love to hear your suggestions :)

November 22, 2016 at 11:36 am
  • doolak Reply

Thanks for your quick answer! Hope you find a good replacement if they don't sell them anymore.

November 22, 2016 at 11:50 am
  • doolak Reply

Hey Brian, thanks for that great video. Could you please tell me what is the name of the nocks? I could not find them…

November 22, 2016 at 12:24 pm
  • Sir Darvington Reply

I really like all your videos! Anyway I was wondering if someone could tell me whether the shooting from the bow hand technique with the arrowhead facing upwards is still possible with broadheads and an arrow shelf but no proper rest? Do you think that I need to make adjustments if it can be done? Thanks:)

November 22, 2016 at 12:41 pm
  • 김진형 Reply

Is that Kaya bow? I'm using the regular one so when I increase the poundage to about 55lb, I would buy one myself. Do you think it is worthy of its price? Or if the bow isn't Kaya, whats the name of the bow?

November 22, 2016 at 1:12 pm
  • Manny SorrowEyes Reply

Thank you guy. you're such a wonderful archer

November 22, 2016 at 2:00 pm
  • Sutra Stevens Reply

Neat. Subscribed.

November 22, 2016 at 2:30 pm
  • marnix786 Reply

hey bud, started your advice on speed shooting method.

when you have your arrows in your draw hand, how do you exactly isolate each arrow so you can hold it between your index and middle finger. you mention just loosen the grip..sometimes the arrows just fall out my hand..if you can kindly shed some more light I would appreciate it.cheers

November 22, 2016 at 3:22 pm
  • marnix786 Reply

nice video Brian, very useful and beautifully explained. I've subbed and look forward for future videos. will you mainly be focusing on speed or cover other areas?.

I myself have been studying the mamuluk style using the same book but found it very hard to understand some parts so I purchased Adam swobodas version.

currently working on for and accuracy.video on my page.

keep it up

November 22, 2016 at 4:22 pm
  • 19firebird86 Reply

This is interesting as you don't seem to be doing a thumb release which is the most common for when having the arrow on the right side of the bow. Could this be the tuning problem you are having? Do your arrows fly to the right?

November 22, 2016 at 4:40 pm
  • Aaron Choi Reply

I was messing with ways to be able to hold the arrow knock it and fire in one single motion using thumbdraw and I can to the same grip you have.  Means we're doing something right i guess haha.  Great Video! All your advice is greatly appreciated.

November 22, 2016 at 5:27 pm
  • Real World Archery Reply

Nice technique! I'm subscribing. 🙂 Keep making speed shooting videos.
    I noticed your movements were exaggerated, as you stated in your description, and I wonder how fast you can actually go without the exaggerated movements. I'm excited to see your next video! I think your speed will increase. You've developed a good way to do archery. Well done. :)

November 22, 2016 at 5:35 pm
  • Speed Archery Channel Reply

I support and agree with what you are saying! You are more specific that me which is great. Keep at it.

November 22, 2016 at 6:28 pm