Instinctive Archery – Having a proper release in traditional archery.

Instinctive Archery – Having a proper release in traditional archery.

Archery Basics: All About Archery

Archery Basics: All About Archery is a simple and easy-to-read book in
which you’ll discover top tips and practical advice to learn all about archery including....

•Archery: An Introduction
•Popularity of Archery
•Relaxing with Archery
•An Overview of Archery
•Archery Equipment
•Tips for Beginners
•Determining Arrow Length
•Measuring Draw Length
•Preparing for Archery Training
•Practice Tips
•Techniques
Price:

Dead On! Deer Anatomy and Shot Placement for Bow and Gun Hunters. Tracking Techniques for Wounded Whitetails.

• Used Book in Good Condition
Dead On! questions many of the traditional assumptions about how to find wounded deer after the shot. Jeanneney comes to the subject with a fresh perspective based upon his 930 searches with bow and gun hunters to find their deer. He used leashed tracking dogs to follow wounded deer far beyond the hunters' points of loss, and this yielded more complete information on wounded deer behavior than has been presented by previous authors. Jeanneney presents this information in the form of clear, pra
List Price: $ 13.95Price: $ 9.54

• BizKaboom-SmallBusinessMarketing Reply

Jeff, I'm left handed so I bought a left-handed, 45lb takedown recurve as my first-ever bow. Then I found out I'm right-eye dominant. Didn't want to learn to shoot right handed and that's when I discovered your channel. I was thrilled. So I'm committed to instinctive archery and your videos are really, really helping. I've been particularly working on trying to hit the vertical line. Too new to all of this to even mess with anything else. I'm getting decent groupings at 10 & 15 yards, but find a lot of shots pulling slightly left. I'll put 3-5 arrows on A vertical line, but the line is 3 inches left of the line I'm shooting at. Is there a mechanical thing I might be doing that would cause that?

November 12, 2016 at 9:10 pm
  • tico2577 Reply

This was a great video! I will definitely try out this release method and train with a bucket. I certainly hope to get to your level of skill some day in the future. I has just watched these guys in the Olympics before this video and they had all these contraptions on their bow. I think that is great for a stationary target, but as we can see in your videos, you have the skill to hit clay discs! You just got 1 more subscriber. :-)

November 12, 2016 at 10:06 pm
  • Backfromthedeadguy Reply

I achor and simply release without moving my hand at all. Is this bad form or just personal preference?

November 12, 2016 at 10:30 pm
  • Gordon Boot Reply

Thanks for sharing, was of great help :)

November 12, 2016 at 11:08 pm
  • Bo Box Reply

I notice u shoot mostly Bear bows. I got to get me one of them I'm going to order one of the Bear super Magnum. i have been practice the technique to talk about got a lot better then befor now . and thanks to u I got Ritter of most bow and starting to collect bear recurve from now on out . when I first started shooting bows, I didn't know what I was doing for 2 months .until I saw ur video and u break it down in detail were I can understand it clearly , that was a big help thats when i had a big breakthrough . and that thing were u hang up hang up string vertically and shot at it . that shit work , my accuracy got improve quickly sir. that's u soooooo much sir for putting out them video it helps me alot .

November 12, 2016 at 11:38 pm
  • Bo Box Reply

sir u are the man , I have learned a lot fr ur video. I only been shooting recurve bows for 6 month now and by watching ur video I got better now . that's u sir

November 13, 2016 at 12:14 am
  • Greg Lion Reply

ultra helpful. i went out for my 3rd session today. it was a blast! I felt like the release was a big problem today, much improved from my first 2 times out but not there yet. that bucket analogy makes perfect sense. today, just as you mentioned here, even if my anchor point is consistent , my hand after release was probably never in the same place twice. Looking forward to trying this tomorrow. thanks!

November 13, 2016 at 12:27 am
  • Felix Livshits Reply

Fantastic video for a novice shooter starting out. Much appreciated sir.

November 13, 2016 at 12:47 am
  • Langsvardet Reply

Good, solid advice. Thank you.

November 13, 2016 at 1:01 am
  • eogh Reply

I know you did a video on back tension but could you possibly do a video on how you exactly draw the string? Such as are you leading with your elbow or shoulders etc.. I release like you 2 out of 7 times and I feel I could improve if I have a consistent draw. Thank you.

November 13, 2016 at 1:26 am
  • attackofthehog Reply

Very informative video! I've been trying to teach myself to shoot for years, but I have only ever made minimal progress with my accuracy. Going to remember this and adjust my technique accordingly. Many thanks for the time you've put into putting this together!

November 13, 2016 at 1:40 am
  • Marc Hase Reply

Thanks!

November 13, 2016 at 2:17 am
  • slyrez Reply

thanks! great explanation

November 13, 2016 at 2:34 am
  • Steven Gregg Reply

Mr. Kavanagh, it almost seems criminal that I get such incredible on-point advice and technique for free by watching your videos. I did subscribe so there is that but still, wow! I'm about to dust off some long dormant bow experience and I was set to get the GameMaster 2 at 50#. I'm very glad you mentioned that was a counterproductive idea (read: stupid). Saved me from looking ridiculous at the point of purchase and worse, the practice rooms at Dick's and Bass Pro Shops. My humble thanks, sir!

November 13, 2016 at 3:33 am
  • Michael Kitchen Reply

thankyou for your video, i found it to be very informative , have just purchased my first bow 55lbs just like the one in your video, in the uk there are archery schools, but there very costly, and watching your video, have made an error gone to hi on the Lbs, i will just take my time and educate myself slowly from your videos and see how i go, if like what u said with regards to Lbs , will get a smaller Lbs bow at a later date, but thanks for your video

November 13, 2016 at 4:25 am
  • deetee Reply

are you from canada? Once you said "out" it gave it away lol

November 13, 2016 at 4:29 am
  • Gibran Papadimitriou Reply

Really love the advice. I think using the water bucket as an example of the release is a goof way of explaining a good release to my friends.

November 13, 2016 at 4:36 am
  • Bob McCuaig Reply

Thank you for doing these videos. just bought my first bow and your tutorials are very helpful.

November 13, 2016 at 5:27 am
  • Christian A-L Reply

I love the way you nock an arrow. I tried to start doing it and it just wasnt comfortable for me.

November 13, 2016 at 5:56 am
  • caleb homer Reply

Ok thank now can you do a video explaining the steps and practice you do to hit flying targets and aiming and also one on grouping

November 13, 2016 at 6:48 am