Archery | The Release

Archery | The Release

An Alexander Technique Approach to Competitive Archery

This ebook uses the Alexander Technique principles of good posture and great technique to assist the competitive archer. It is the intention of this ebook to help the archer create a personal technique and posture on the bow that allows you to find the most mechanically advantageous way to shoot the arrows with extraordinary precision. This ebook is filled with concepts that will help you explore what you’ve been doing technically and posturally in archery, and to assist you in finding a way t
Price:

Professional Archery Technique

• Used Book in Good Condition
Kirk Ethridge is one of the most well-renowned archers of all time. Former world champion and 10 time US indoor champion, his "street cred" is unassailable! This book is the result of years of trial-and-error and intensive study; archers can save months and thousands of dollars in lessons simply by reading and using "Professional Archery Technique"! Written in a straightforward and entertaining style, the book is intended for beginners and experts alike. Indoor "dot" archers and 3D archers will
List Price: $ 19.95Price: $ 56.85

• kirk creelman Reply

Great video. Thanks for your time and effort.

November 12, 2016 at 8:59 pm
  • rajTrondhjem10 Reply

Excellent video.. thanks!

November 12, 2016 at 9:42 pm
  • philip gibbeson Reply

Great video!! Thanks so much. As a beginner archer the release is the thing I find hardest to master but your video has helped me understand the right technique. Thanks!

November 12, 2016 at 10:10 pm
  • Stan Unwin Reply

I learn so much from your vids,def
    the best on the net.Can't thank you enough,keep up the great work.

November 12, 2016 at 10:36 pm
  • Nefertiti KMB Reply

Thank YOU loved this Video packed with a ton of Great Information especially for a Beginner like me!…

November 12, 2016 at 11:13 pm
  • Devin Shook Reply

Awesome video man, I like how thorough you are on your videos. I had to figure this out the hard way. I switched from a static to dynamic release and I think it helped my form problems like plucking the string and not keeping proper back tension. Wish I would have watched some videos earlier when just beginning, it would have saved me a lot of time, and lost arrows in the grass! Lol

November 12, 2016 at 11:59 pm
  • Pavel0MG Reply

To me, this is the most difficult aspect of shooting, because I want to release the shot when I am on target, but must do this by allowing the string to slip from my fingers. How does one ensure that the string slips from the fingers at the desired moment? I guess it's just practice.
    Regarding follow through, your string hand should move back because the force of the bow string is no longer there to hold your release hand in place. Hence, the hand moves back after the release as a reaction to the shot, not due to conscious effort. If your release hand is constantly drawing back, then you don't really have a true anchor point and will lose consistency in shot placement, unless you're somehow releasing at exactly the same point in a dynamic draw.

It seems to me that with the proper draw weight and user strength, a static release would be more consistent, but the line between a dynamic and a static release seems pretty blurry. Your release arm is going to move backward from the bow in both cases due to the laws of physics.

November 13, 2016 at 12:15 am
  • scaniadave Reply

Very well explained and I did find it helpful. Many thanks.

November 13, 2016 at 1:11 am
  • Shawniskool 69 Reply

you should just open your fingers not move your entire arm

November 13, 2016 at 1:36 am
  • Grant Sabin Reply

Thank you! That was extremely helpful.

November 13, 2016 at 2:03 am
  • tiggersrevenge Reply

Happy I discovered you NUSensei. I just shot my first bow last week. I really enjoyed it and am hoping to set my own targets up at home once I purchase my first bow.

November 13, 2016 at 2:10 am
  • Chris Walzak Reply

November 13, 2016 at 2:38 am
  • joselo yasay Reply

Nu sensei how big is the difference between a 16$ release and a 75$ release?

November 13, 2016 at 3:10 am
  • Uy Le Phan Thai Reply

thanks for the tips from norway

November 13, 2016 at 3:40 am
  • Jason Butterworth Reply

highlighted most of my problems in this one! thanks

November 13, 2016 at 4:09 am
  • Clinton Ruth Reply

I knew a lot of my shaking was due to taking too long to aim. I found that slowly dropping the bow to proper angle helped a bit, but leaves very a very small window for release. I don't have a proper glove yet and my arms are usually worn from work (warehouse), even for a light weight bow. I do enjoy the instinctive shooting though, it takes a while to get used to your particular bow. The persistent expansion and follow-through are what I really gotta work on. I'll have to give the blind-bow exercise a try.

November 13, 2016 at 4:13 am
  • Sandra Archer Reply

That really is a great video. Thank you, it helps me a lot.

November 13, 2016 at 4:31 am
  • phantomcruizer Reply

Could you do a video on how to find a coach?

November 13, 2016 at 5:13 am
  • Ross Fox Reply

I can't wait to become a pro bag dropper.

November 13, 2016 at 5:16 am
  • noodle monkie Reply

can someone help me when i shoot with my fingers the arrow goes straight but when i shoot with my tab it goes about a meter to the left from 20 meters

November 13, 2016 at 5:44 am